The Loss Program
The immediate aftermath of a significant loss can be a disorienting, destabilizing time. Grief coaching can help those in the thick of bereavement understand their reactions and start making sense of their new circumstances.
The eight-session Loss Program (spanning 16 weeks) is for clients who have experienced a loss within the past year.
- Create a safe space for you to tell your story and process the intense emotions that often come up at this time;
- Examine and address feelings of anger, guilt, regret, despair or helplessness related to the loss or the past relationship;
- Consider the messages you’ve received about grief and decide which ones to accept and which to discard;
- Explore ways you can stay connected to your loved one as you start adjusting to a world without them;
- Start reframing your life story to accommodate this new turn in the narrative.
The eight weeks will be designed with your individual, unique story and needs in mind. We’re likely to use a combination of discussion, worksheets, and journaling.
Cost: $775 single payment, or two payments of $400 (due before first session) and $400 (due before fourth session).
* It is suggested that individuals wait a minimum of six weeks after a loss to begin this program. Additional, simultaneous support from either a local, face-to-face bereavement group or through therapeutic counseling may also be recommended.