The Life Program
Was your grieving blocked or discouraged in the past? Are you high functioning yet still feel that a piece of you got “stuck” — and keeps you from moving forward and being happy? Does a pervasive sadness hover in the background of your days? Do you feel out of sync with or younger than your peers?
This six-session program (over 12 weeks) is for individuals who lost a loved one in the past and feel ready to revisit and release aspects of that loss they believe are holding them back.
Inspired by new trends in bereavement theory; social psychology; and narrative therapy, the aims of this program will support you in:
- Making sense of and find meaning in your loss;
- Accessing and expressing grief that was not or could not be expressed in the past (if relevant);
- Determining which coping strategies that you employed in the past are outdated, and which still serve you well;
- Testing past and current assumptions about safety, security, and the future, and discarding and replacing those that are no longer valid;
- Staying connected to or reconnecting with your lost loved one;
- Identifying where and how the loss fits into the vibrant, ever-changing story of your life, and where you want that story to lead.
* This program is suggested for individuals who experienced the loss of a loved one in the past (minimum of one year ago).