The Life Program
Was your grieving blocked or discouraged in the past? Are you high functioning yet still feel that a piece of you got “stuck” — and keeps you from moving forward and being happy? Does a pervasive sadness hover in the background of your days? Do you feel out of sync with or younger than your peers?
This six-session program (spanning 12 weeks) is for individuals who lost a loved one in the past and now feel ready to revisit and release aspects of that loss that they feel are holding them back.
Inspired by new trends in bereavement theory; philosophy; and narrative therapy, the aims of this program are to support you in:
- Continuing to make sense of and find meaning in your loss;
- Accessing and expressing grief that was not or could not be expressed in the past (if relevant);
- Examining which coping strategies you employed in the past are outdated, and which still serve you well;
- Testing past and current assumptions about safety, security, and the future, and discarding and replacing those that are no longer valid;
- Staying connected to or reconnecting with your lost loved one;
- Identifying where and how the loss fits into the vibrant, ever-changing story of your life.
* This program is suggested for individuals who experienced the loss of a loved one a minimum of one year in the past.